19 Jun 2013

Stand Off

This post isn't baby related.  You've been warned.

There are things that the man in my life does (or doesn't do) that drives me bonkers.  These are things like draping the clothes over the line instead of hanging them, saying 'I don't know' when I ask him what he feels like for dinner, leaving mugs with abandoned dried up teabags sitting on every available surface, saying 'I don't know' when I ask him where something is, putting dirty clothes right next to clothes basket instead of in it, saying 'I don't know' when I ask him what the time is, when he can't find something he will only open one drawer before protesting like a child 'I don't know where it is, I can't find it!', not listening to my awesome stories then saying 'what?', making me watch the Transformers/Star Trek/Lord of the Rings movies over and over again, never telling me that there's no milk/bread/peanut butter left, opening a new container/packet/jar of something when there's already a half full item in the fridge/cupboard, and, probably the most annoying,  saying 'I don't know' as a pre-emptive answer to any question that I ask him.

The above are just a few.  I know that he does all these things because he's a male.

And no, I ain't no male hating feminist nazi type.  I'm just saying the few men that I have lived with do all these things.  All of them.

So anyway, all of those wonderful, helpful, non-annoying things I am used to, can deal with, usually have a little holler at him then move on, these add colour to an otherwise dreary day.  There is one thing however, that I cannot, will not, and refuse to budge on for the indefinable future, and it's turned into a bit of a stand off.

It's this:

The offending article 
Aside from never replacing the toilet roll (I forgot to mention that above didn't I?!) it's replacing the damn soap in the damn shower and I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT DAMMIT!!!!

WHAT TYPE OF HUMAN BEING LEAVES THAT MUCH SOAP FOR THE NEXT PERSON WITHOUT PUTTING A NEW BAR IN THERE?!

O.  M.  G.  IT DRIVING ME NUTS.

Sorry for the shouting but you have to get a sense of my ridiculous frustration.  You don't even have to get out of the shower to reach the cupboard to replace the soap. Just reach over, open the cupboard and there it is.

So because I'm super stealth (read stubborn) I have hidden a new bar for myself in a soap case in the cupboard.  I also have bodywash in the shower that I use regularly but sometimes I just like a good scrubbing with some oatmeal soap!

I know that I'm being ridiculous, and you all probably think I'm a petty so and so, choose your battles Jess, blah blah blah, but he's just gone too far this time.  As they say on IronChef, I will reign supreme!


1 comment:

  1. My man doesn't replace the toilet roll either, that drives me NUTS. Especially in the middle of the night and theirs no goddamn toilet paper to be found!!

    ReplyDelete